Patients with wrinkles and fine lines generally believe they only have one option — Botox. While Botox is certainly the most popular wrinkle relaxer, there are other wrinkle relaxers to choose from and Jeuveau is one of them. Jeuveau is a modern neuromodulator that is FDA-approved strictly for cosmetic purposes. Unique Clinical Aesthetics MedSpa provides highly-personalized treatments of Jeuveau in Crescent Springs to soften and suppress unwanted dynamic wrinkles without leaving any trace of cosmetic work.
What is Jeuveau?
Jeuveau is a neurotoxin injection similar to Botox and Xeomin. It’s a cosmetic injectable designed to soften or suppress unwanted facial wrinkles, such as forehead lines, frown lines, and crow’s feet. This is a newcomer in the field of neuromodulators, but it has already shown immense promise with faster and longer-lasting results (for some patients). Furthermore, this injectable is specifically designed for cosmetic purposes rather than a range of medical purposes.
- Forehead Lines: Jeuveau smoothens the horizontal forehead lines that appear because of the overuse of the frontalis muscle used to raise eyebrows.
- Frown Lines: Jeuveau smoothens moderate-to-severe frown lines that appear between your eyebrows because of the overuse of the procerus and corrugator muscles while frowning.
- Crow’s Feet: Jeuveau smoothens the fine lines that appear around your eyes because of the overuse of the orbicularis oculi muscles while smiling, laughing, or squinting.
- Dimpled Chin: Jeuveau smoothens the grooves and creases that appear on the chin because of the overuse of the mentalis muscle while pouting.
- Other Dynamic Wrinkles: You can get treatments of Jeuveau in Crescent Springs to smooth out numerous other expression lines, such as the smoker’s lines around the mouth and the bunny lines around the nose bridge.
What Causes Dynamic Wrinkles?
Dynamic wrinkles, also known as expression lines, appear on your face while producing certain expressions, such as laughing, squinting, or frowning. When you’re young, these lines only appear while producing expressions and then fade away. But as you grow older, the overuse of the underlying facial muscles makes them remain on your face even at rest, leading to permanent expression lines. As such, dynamic wrinkles are formed because of the overuse of specific facial muscles.
How Does Jeuveau Work?
Jeuveau works by relaxing the facial muscles responsible for the unwanted expression lines. It’s a neuromodulator with the active ingredient botulinum toxin type A — this is a neurotoxin protein that blocks communications between specific nerve endings and the associated muscles. When injected carefully into targeted facial regions, our treatments of Jeuveau in Crescent Springs will relax the overworked muscles responsible for the expression lines, thereby reducing the prominence of dynamic wrinkles. The unwanted wrinkles gradually soften within a few days.
Benefits of Jeuveau:
- Non-surgical treatment — no incisions or scars
- Safe and effective with minimal risk of side effects
- Minimal pain or discomfort during the treatment
- Softens unwanted dynamic wrinkles
- Results may appear faster than other wrinkle relaxers
- Resume most daily activities immediately
The Jeuveau Treatment Overview
Dr. Laura Jarrell starts your session of Jeuveau in Cincinnati with a thorough consultation — she will examine your facial skin, review your medical history, and discuss your goals. Based on your needs and expectations, she will select the ideal neurotoxin and dosage to be given. She will then cleanse the treatment area and deliver Jeuveau injections into the chosen locations, thereby relaxing the facial muscles responsible for the unwanted expression lines.
Jeuveau Recovery & Side Effects
Jeuveau treatments can usually be done within 10 to 15 minutes, following which you can resume your daily activities and work. However, you should avoid strenuous workouts for 24 hours. The most common side effects are mild redness, tenderness, swelling, and bruising after the treatment.
Jeuveau Results: Onset & Longevity
Jeuveau often works faster than other neurotoxin treatment injections, and you may start seeing results within 2 to 3 days, with continued improvements for up to 2 weeks. The final results of your Jeuveau in Crescent Springs will last for up to 4 to 6 months, following which you’ll need maintenance doses.
Talk to Dr. Jarrell Today!
Dr. Laura Jarrell is a board-certified physician with 15+ years of clinical experience and EMT certifications in neurotoxin and dermal filler injections. She understands that every patient is unique and thus needs a unique approach to cosmetic treatments. She delivers all neurotoxin treatments according to her patient’s individual goals and medical history, ensuring safe and natural results. If you want youthful and smooth skin, please visit Dr. Jarrell at our office inside Unite Studio in Crescent Springs, KY.